Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Long live neon!





I post this blog today with the intentions of it sticking around long enough for my kids to read in, oh, about 10 years.  That should give them long enough to be mad at the way we let them dress when they were younger. Let me explain.
Last night I decide I should do something somewhat productive.  So I work my way, slowly, down the hall to the bedroom to tackle the every growing pile of clean clothes that somehow never make it to their rightful homes.  I embarked on this journey of laundry folding only to realize that my kids are wearing the same clothes we did 15 years ago.  Not kidding.  They are wearing things I swore off before junior high.
So Maelan, yep, she has a complete arsenal of stretch pants.  These things were it back when I was kid.  Until junior high came around then no one wore stretch pants...except maybe my sister (sorry Loni, you know its true.  You loved your stretch pants).  My little girl must have at least one of every color.
Dawson, he's seven and into his muscles...and muscle shirts.  Yea know the ones that you wear when your too chicken to wear a real tank top, but really want to show a little bit more of them pythons.  Yep, he's got several.  No wonder he's always flexing.
The sad thing about all this, besides the fact that our children are destined for the same fashion doom that I was, is that my wife and I have purchased all these clothes for them fully knowing what we are doing.  I am sure there will be some sort of back lash for this in the future and when the time comes I must remember that I am fully deserving of all I get.  No parent in their right mind would allow their child, or two in our case, to make such mistakes.  
So, to the Dawson and Maelan of 10 years from now, I am truly SORRY.  Never again will I allow you to wear such clothing.

On a side note I learned something else about laundry last night...it is much easier with a little bit of rock-n-roll.  

On another side note the pictures at the top have absolutely nothing to do with anything.  I just felt that I should post some pics.  So here are some random pics from the last month or two.  Dawson on his skateboard and Maelan in her coat.  

I must go now and put on my flannel shirt and roll my pants tight around my ankles...for old time sake.  Long live Neon.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

yes!! rolling your jeans around your ankles... haha. I totally remember that and must admit that sometimes I still do a modification of that roll when I need to tuck my pants into my snowboard boots. :)

Loni said...

How funny... see I told you stretch pants were cool! your a good husband to do the laundrey, ya think you could send nick some advice?lol!