Monday, August 20, 2007

The Time Has Come!


Well, the time has come yet again. I start my second year of college in only six short days. It has been an extremely short break. I took a class this summer which gave a couple weeks at the beginning and end with no school.
Honestly it is a little overwhelming to think about school, work, family, and all the other odds and ends that life throws at you. So, today it is all about the reasons to keep going.
First, I am so lucky to have such an understanding and supportive family. It is the coolest thing ever to have a five-year old that is just as interested in learning bones and muscles as I am. Their can't be enough said about my lovely wife. She has to work twice as hard as I do to keep the kids happy and keep the family grounded during all my turmoil.
Second, being a flight nurse has to be one of the most exciting careers in the world. How often do you get to fly on helicopters, ride on hoist, and just be "the man" on any scene (with the exception of the military).
Finally, I know this won't last forever (I hope). I should find out in the next month or two if I have been accepted into the nursing program. My chances are looking pretty good, but you just never know. I will be really happy when I have that letter in my hand. The other super cool thing this semester is I am filling my fine-arts credit with a photography class.
Until next time I will keep dreaming that I was on the hoist instead of behind the camera.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have to agree that all of lifes challenges seem overwhelming at times, but thanks to you I have some of the same goals and you seem to keep me motivated. You never seem up-tight, frustrated, or worn out and that really helps me to stay positive too... so thanks for being such a great mentor.

Becky said...

We are so proud of all that you do as well. Thanks for all you do. Your awesome.